Monday 5 October 2015

They Always Come

Man, this one has been a long time coming. Back in 2010 I picked up a Dinosaur Jr 'Bug' test press. It was originally marketed as an SST test press, but when ti arrived it turned out to be a UK pressing on Blast First. I was disappointed at the time, although given that I paid hardly anything for it I couldn't be bothered to make a fuss. But I did say this - I wanted a genuine, original US version of this, not some licensed UK crap. Well, it's taken me five years, but I eventually found an SST test press, which turned out to be in mint condition.

I was super happy to get this as this record is one of my all time favourite albums. I first heard this in 1990 and I have seriously never tired of it since.

My Dinosaur Jr collection is now pretty good. I used to have a small list of their records which I regarded as 'fantasy wants' that I thought I would never get, and now I have all of them and more. The only one left for me to wish for is a test of the second album, 'You're Living All Over Me'. I'm sure it'll come eventually. As the song says - they always come.

1 comment:

geoff said...

wouldnt the uk one be more rare? im guessing they pressed less because they werent going to be used as promos? im guessing this one is warped like a swiss alp mountain range. (see his 2010 post for that to make sense)