Saturday 16 September 2017

I'm Just Fine

Here's another record I managed to pick up for a second time after the first one vanished in my missing box last year...

This is a test press of a split 12" between a couple of relatively obscure 90s bands - 2 Line Filler and Pezz. I picked this up because I posted a picture of my Two Line Filler records on instagram and someoone pointed out that I was missing this split. So I went to discogs and found somenoe was selling a test press for a cheap price. So I bought it and, as I've already mentioned, it went missing. But a couple of months after my lost box I was looking to see if anything could be replaced, and I found another test press for sale on discogs. It even came from the same seller!

So the funny thing is that I knew I was missing this Two Line Filler record is because I used to own a copy. I bought it when it came out circa 1997. However, I sold or traded it away at some point. I think that part of the reason I let it go was because the front cover was so fucking awful that I couldn't bear looking at it. But when I bought the test press I also decided to re-buy a regular copy. Which means I now re-own this goddamn record cover again.

Despite the questionable front cover, the Two Line Filler songs on this record are great. Heck, everything the band did is great. If you're at all interested in checking them out and hearing their unique brand of 'straight edge emo pop punk' (I just made that up, but it's pretty much spot on), then check out a song HERE. Oh yeah... you're welcome.

1 comment:

Mike said...

I always liked that song from the Document of Nothing comp, but I've never heard anything else from them. Might have to change that.