Tuesday, 6 October 2026

Louder Than Love

The more time passes, the more that I think that Soundgarden are one of the best bands ever. Sure, I've enjoyed them for thirty plus years now, but since I truly started to appreciate 'Superunknown' for the genius that it is a couple of years ago, my opinion of them only continues to grow.

A couple of weeks ago I stumbled across this 2016 orange vinyl repress of 'Louder Than Love'. This is their second full length from 1989 and, prior to this repress, the only colour vinyl copies that existed were either green vinyl or red vinyl promotional copies (which now sell for a lot of money). This orange pressing made owning a colour copy much more affordable.

When this came out I decided that I didn't need it, but as the years have rolled on by I have noticed that it has become harder to find, and the price has started to go up a bit. So when I saw this copy on eBay for roughly half the usual price, I watched it. Once again, eBay UK came good.

When I went to add this to discogs, I discovered that there were also two further orange vinyl pressings made in 2019 (one in the States, one in Europe). I have no idea if these further pressings look the same as this one, or are slightly different colours. Heck, maybe one day I will find out.

No comments: