Saturday 22 January 2022

Life. Love. Reissue.

I've been doing my best to avoid reissues for the past couple of years. I bought a bunch over time and generally mostly kinda regret it later for various reasons. So when Indecision Records reissued Unbroken's 'Life. Love. Regret.' LP a few years ago, I wasn't interested. My lack of interest was partly due to the fact that it came on Euro vinyl and looked bad. So when it got repressed again last year I was not remotely interested. But then when I saw some pics of it posted online, I thought it looked quite nice. It came on a nice baby blue colour, and I could tell instantly that it was pressed on US vinyl.

Well anyway, at the end of last year I was in California and ended up randomly bumping into Dave Mandel, who runs Indecision Records. I used to write to him many years ago so he is someone I kinda know, despite not having much contact with him for a few years. We went to lunch and had a bit of a chat, and at some point I mentioned that the Unbroken reissue on blue looked nice. And even though it was technically sold out, he managed to magic one up for me, which was kinda cool.

Given that the original 1st press was also on blue vinyl, I figured I would take a photo of the two together... at which point I was reminded that the sleeve of my first press is not in particularly good shape.

I didn't get the original blue vinyl copy from the label when it came out. I traded this copy from someone probably around 1997 or 1998. I can't really remember, but I assume that the seam split happened in transit. Ideally I need a new sleeve for this one, although realise that this is unlikely in this day and age as it's an expensive record. I'm sure that Rev used to use these sleeves as packing material for orders at some point in the past. If by any chance anyone has a spare one please let me know.

2 comments:

Ralf said...

The blue vinyl of the repress looks cool, but they should have changed the red artwork on the sleeve. Either go back to the black and white artwork or use the black and blue artwork of one of the later presses from the 90s.

Mike said...

Saw your post today and had to laugh to myself that I just posted the same kind "I don't typically buy reissues anymore" thing.