Tuesday 7 May 2019

A Triumphant Return to Keelhaul

One good thing about this blog is that it acts as a good reference to the past. For example, it tells me that I bought the last Keelhaul LP in November 2010. I know that time moves faster these days, but the fact that this was 8.5 years ago blows my mind. I would have guessed that it was 2012 or 2013, but the blog doesn't lie.

Well anyway, regardless of when I first bought this record, it was recently that I picked up a test press. I didn't exactly go out looking for it, but it fell in front of me and didn't appear to cost much, so I figured I'd offer it a good home.

As you can see, this comes in a 'standard' Hydrahead test press sleeve, and is numbered 28 of 30.

Keelhaul is one of those bands that I easily forget about for a few years at a time, and then somehow I remember the records and play them all non-stop for a couple of weeks again. Man, I wish they would reappear and make more tunes... although after ten years, it feels highly unlikely.

No comments: