Thursday 4 May 2017

Store Finds

So before i went to the show last Saturday, I went to a newish record shop in Leeds called 'Noise Is For Heroes Records'. It was a small shop, but packed with a real mix of records. Reminded me of the old days, flipping through racks of used records just wondering what I was going to find. Good fun. And I managed to find a few things, so it was well worth the effort.

My first find was this Dinosaur Jr 'Without A Sound' LP. This is the band's 6th album, and came out in 1994, at a time when I had kinda moved on from listening to this band. After collecting their records in a big way for the last few years, I wanted it, but was always holding out for a copy in good condition at a good price.

This is the euro pressing on Blanco Y Negro Records. It'll do for now. There's also a US pressing on a major label that I would like, but I'm sure one will come eventually.

My other pick ups were some 7"s from the £3 box. I figured these were worth rescuing up for that price. The first is a 7" by Amenity. I used to own this but traded it away and it took me 20 years to get around to replacing it.

The band were from CA and played a sound that is typically 90s west coast sounding.

Next, a 7 Seconds 'Committed For Life' 7". This is the repress from 1990on Pazzafist records. I'm not exactly the biggest 7 Seconds fan, but I figured this was worth scooping for such a low price.

And the third 7" was this Voicebox 7" on blue vinyl. I already have one of these, but was sure that this copy was a different blue to my copy, so i grabbed it anyway.

The new copy is the one on the left, whilst my old copy is the one on the right. I know some people collect the hell out of this 7" as there are wide variations in the shades of blue and green vinyl. I don't really want to get into that game, but couldn't resist this when it was in my hand for three quid. You know how it is.

I also picked up a couple of Endpoint LPs which I forgot to take photos of, but which I already own. The first one on blue vinyl and the second on grey vinyl. If anyone is interested, get in touch.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would love to come by that green coloured 7 Seconds in a thrift store. Not that I am looking for it but would definitely be tempted to buy it...