Saturday 21 May 2016

Still Got Something To Prove

I spent a lot of time on Discogs lately looking for stuff I lost. At some point I stumbled across this Spermbirds 'Something To Prove' LP on clear vinyl. It's a classic record and despite not really wanting to buy any records at the moment, I couldn't really help myself.

I don't know much about this band. They were a German band with an American G.I. on vocals and were active through the 80s and 90s. The rumours suggest that they never toured the States because the singer went AWOL from the army and so couln't return to the States. I don't really know if that's true or not, but it certainly sounds like a good story.

1 comment:

strangeisthenewfruit said...

Spermbirds are one my favourite german Hardcore bands. Actually they are still around, occasionally playing live or releasing records! Something to Prove is an all-time classic!