Monday 31 March 2014

Systems Of The Witch

So here we go again with another Integrity record, and this time it's a 'deluxe' reissue of the classic 'Systems Overload' album. This was reissued twice by Organized Crime Records in the last year or so - once as a regular single LP reissue, once as the 'A2 / Orr' mix, and now it's been put out on a third different reissue format as a very limited double LP. This thing was put together for the A389 Records tenth anniversary bash which happened in January this year in celebration of the fact that the line-up from this LP got back together to knock out some songs at the show.

This thing is on double orange vinyl. The sleeve for this version is a gatefold affair with different artwork to the regular version. One small touch that I love is that the front cover contains no text. The band name and the record's title have been relegated to the back cover. The front looks better without it for sure.

This thing went up for sale over the xmas & new year holiday period. I don't remember exactly when. What I do remember though was that on whatever day it went up for sale, I casually checked whether it was available, saw it was, and ordered one. Seemed pretty easy and stress free and didn't feel like a big deal. Even though this double LP is numbered out of 168 copies there were only 100 copies available as part of the bundle. The rest were, I believe, available at the show itself. I later read that this bundle sold out within an hour. I guess I got lucky for once. Just like old times.

This is the BACK cover:

Each record has music on one side and a skull logo etched on the flip side.

Well anyway, wouldn't you know it, the excitement didn't stop there. Ordering this special holiday package also got me a fancy ass NEW Integrity record too. This 7" is called '7th Revelation: Beyond The Realm Of The Witch' and contains one song recorded by the same 'Systems' lineup that reunited at the A389 bash. This 7" is limited to only 100 copies on clear vinyl with a glow in the dark screen print witch on the b-side.

Of course, there are at least two other colours of this 7" out there which I do not have yet, but that's just the way it is these days. I have to miss at least one version of every Integrity record that comes out to give me something to chase. Anyway, this song is damn great. I think this 7" made me realise that I actually prefer the slower Integ songs to faster ones. It's only taken me about twenty years and 130 or so records to figure this out.

No comments: