Sunday 25 August 2013

Where They Talk

There's nothing quite so satisfying as crossing an item off your wants list. And as anyone who keeps a want list knows, the satisfaction is higher the longer the item has been on your list. Here's an item that was on my wants list for quite a few years. The first Ignite 7" on purple vinyl. I don't know how many years this was on my wants list exactly, but I would guess that it has been at least seven years. Possibly as many as ten. I guess it doesn't really matter. The point is, it's been a long time want.

'Where They Talk' came out on Ringside Records in 1994. That was about two years before I heard of, or heard, Ignite. I picked this record up originally a couple of years after the 'Call On My Brothers' LP came out. It was then a few years later that I found out it existed on purple vinyl. So I added it to my wants list and eventually one appeared on eBay. As soon as I saw it listed I knew I was going to win it and... voila!

This 7" features original vocalist Randy Johnson, and as a result sounds different to the rest of the Ignite catalog. It's not as good as the stuff with Zoli, but the rarity of this one makes it a must have as far as I'm concerned.

1 comment:

geoff said...

this is the first time ive ever even seen it on purple. nice score.