Tuesday 27 August 2013

i ♥ instagram

So, just checking - everyone's got instagram now, right? I have to admit, I had it on my phone for months before I actually used it. I opened it but didn't really understand what was going on. Then, months later I was bored so I opened it & started playing about, and then over a few days I started to understand how it worked. Well, that was over a year ago. Now it has become one of my daily passtimes, and over the last few months I have really enjoyed it. And it seems that the more time passes, the more people jump on it, and the more people there out are posting pictures of cool records. Some of the stuff on there is really great and no matter what your interests (records or otherwise), there's a lot of stuff to check out. In short, it's good fun, and if you don't have it then you need to step up to the plate.

A couple of months back I picked up a No Tolerance 7" test press that someone listed for sale on there. That was a breakthrough moment. And now I've just succesfully completed my first trade through it, for an item that just so happened to be a test press by one of my all time favourite bands.

This test press is just a regular Rainbo Records test in a no frills plain white paper sleeve. As with most tests like this, it's not much to look at:

So of course I pulled out the regular copy of the 7" to make for a more interesting photo:

So this turns out to be for the Farside 'Keep My Soul Awake' 7". Not only Farside's first release, but also the first release for Revelation's sister label Crisis Records. Ok, so technically it's not a Revelation test... but in my mind it sure as hell is. Besides, it's a Farside test. Who the hell cares what label it's on?

The funny thing is that when I arranged this trade I was told that the test was for the Farside 'S/T' 7" on Rev. But the day the previous owner was about to pack it up & mail it out to me, she decided to play it, and then discovered it wasn't the record she had told me. Overall though, it made no difference. I still wanted it. As I've said, it's a farside test. Anything else is just a minor detail.

Just for the sake of posting another picture, here's the test with the other copy of this 7" that I own:

This now brings the test press count to 37 so far in 2013. That means I still need 15 to hit the target of 52 for the year, and it's almost September. Pressure.

No comments: