Wednesday 3 July 2013

A Godlike Test Press

This is definitely one of my favourite pick ups of the year so far. One of my favourite records of last year (even though I was late to the party and it came out the year before) was the debut album from Ancient VVisdom, 'A Godlike Inferno'. I listened to it non-stop for weeks and was also fortunate enough to see the band play live. And recently I had an opportunity to pick up this, which is a test press and tour press combined in one handy record.

It's definitely a test press. I can tell that because it has the standard United labels which contains the words 'Test Pressing'.

But it's also a tour press, because it comes in a special, hand numbered dust sleeve. I guess the band must have obtained the test pressings and sold them on tour. Kind of a weird thing to do if you ask me, but hey, what do I know?

Test press count for 2013 is now 31.

No comments: