Monday 20 May 2013

Leave No Doubt

Back whenever it was that the pre-orders went up for the Mindset 'Leave No Doubt' LP, I didn't bother with an order. I'm not sure why exactly. I mean, I wanted it, but something stopped me actually placing an order. Might have been something to do with the fact that Hellfish were handling things, or maybe that I assumed the limited colour had sold out. Or perhaps it already had. Then again, maybe I'd just spent my month's budget already and didn't want to spend more money. I honestly don't remember. But I didn't order one and that was it. So then a couple of months later (or whenever), the LPs started to get sent out and it then became apparent that there were a couple of colours made that you couldn't even buy, which annoyed me further and made me glad I didn't try to collect this. Oh, and then a release show version surfaced. But of course, the worst thing about all of this was that every copy I saw pictures of looked great, and made me want one. Not only that, but I had downloaded the album and was really digging it. I think this is probably the best straight edge LP since The First Step 'What We Know' LP (unless anything in the last 6 years has that's better has slipped my mind). So of course, the combination of the great tunes and the cool layout meant that I was getting increasingly desperate to own one of these things. I started shopping around trying to find a copy, but it seemed to be all sold out. It reached the point where everyone in the world seemed to own one, and by this point it was really starting to annoy me. Fortunately though, it was blogger crew to the rescue as both Jake and Mike alerted me to the fact that some of the clear vinyl had been put up for sale in the React! / Hellfish store. So that was it.

The clear vinyl looks amazing. This is proper clear vinyl that almost looks like it is made of glass. Totally the best looking colour there is. The clear was apparently out of 300 copies for the European Tour.

I also love how this thing comes with an 'old fashioned' double sized insert, just like all the classic Wishingwell and Revelation LPs did back in the glory days of the straight edge youth crew scene.

And of course, when I placed the order, like a true idiot I couldn't bear to buy just one record, so I also picked up a 'red smoke' copy of the same LP. This is actually the most common colour of this LP, being out of 400. There are more black vinyl copies, but as we all know, black isn't a colour.

So now I'm in this weird position where I have two copies of this LP. I figure it would be mission impossible to try to collect all eight versions of this. But do I stop at two, or is that pointless? Maybe I should get rid of one so that I only own one? Then again, I look at Mike's photo of a complete collection and stopping here seems like something I could regret. Hmmmmmmm. It's not an easy choice.

No comments: