Wednesday 8 May 2013

Boston Straight Edge

I've got into Instagram the past couple of months and started following a few people on there who post a lot of pictures of records. I've even got sucked into posting pictures of records myself, especially when #testpresstuesday rolls round. So anyway, a few weeks ago some dude put a picture of a No Tolerance record up and announced that it was for sale. At first I thought it was the No Tolerance 12" as the photo only showed the cover, but when I asked it turned out to be a test press of the 'Boston Straight Edge' (aka demo) 7". Even though I'd already spent my record budget for the month I decided that I should make a play for it as it was unlikely to come around again in a hurry. So that's what I did. And here it is:

As you can see, I ended up with number 12 of 12. I thought this was a pretty cool number to get... until I realised that there was something a bit fishy going on. Somehow I learnt that Regan also has number 12. Not sure what this may mean. Are there more than 12? Or did the dude numbering perhaps accidentally just miss out number 10 or 11 and number two of them as 12 by accident? Who knows? But it's annoying as it means mine is not unique.

My No Tolerance collection is looking reasonably healthy at the moment. I have most of the rare versions, although none of the regular black vinyl copies of any of the records. I guess I need them to be a completist, although I find it hard to get excited by plain old black vinyl copies of anything. We shall see.

Finally... Check out my instagram (link at the top right of this page). I don't just post pics of records, but when I do I post different pics to the ones I put on here. There's also a lot of people who post pictures of records on there. If you like looking at photos of records you should definitely check it out. It's all good fun.

4 comments:

J@screamingforrecords said...

Records, Burgers, Revelation Mugs?!?! SOLD sir!

xReganx said...

Excellent pick up! (Even if it is the same number as my copy lol). I'll add your blog as a link on mine, not sure why it wasn't already added. Anyways good read as always.

Anonymous said...

Funny, I just standard my own blog after posting on instagram from a while. donotconsideryourselffree.wordpress.com

Across Your Face said...

I might have to start fucking with instagram. That is a strange anomoly with the test press number, but either way this thing is super rare and incredible. GREAT scoop!!!!!