Tuesday 16 October 2012

True Blue

I got the idea a few months ago that I wanted an Underdog 7" on blue. Well, no, that's not entirely true. I wanted one for years. But a few months ago it stated to creep up my wants list. Having wanted one for years but never really expecting I would own one, recently I saw one somewhere and thought to myself 'I really badly want that' and I decided I wold invest some money into getting a copy. But as usual, when I decide I want something, it all but disappears from the face of the earth. Nobody was selling. I hadn't seen one on eBay for a long time, and there were none on discogs either. I checked regularly. But to no avail.

Recently, however, a friend of mine put his whole collection up for sale because he needed money. I scanned his collection list and the Underdog 7" on blue jumped out at me. I didn't even know he had one, given he is a fan of first pressings and this here blue vinyl copy is a second press. But hey, he had it, I wanted it, I had money, and a deal went down. It worked out great for everyone.

As dumb as it sounds, owning this now makes me want to pick up the Bridge Nine reissues on red, yellow & green vinyl so I can put all four colours together. Hopefully i can resist this urge though as I really need to be spending my money on a new kitchen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those B9 reissues will cost you basically nothing...