Wednesday 31 October 2012

Rorschach Pushead LP

I'm pretty stoked with this one. I must have been outbid on this at least five times, and I must have avoided bidding due to the price being too high at least ten times. But all good things come to those who wait, and finally I can add this sexy item to my collection. The record in question is the second Rorschach LP 'Protestant'. The album originally came out in 1993. I remember buying it back then although at the time I had never heard Rorschach. I just had this sixth sense telling me to buy the album. Somehow it sounded exactly like I was expecting. Weird.

Well, some time circa 2002 this LP was repressed by the label that originally released it (Gern Blandsten) on colour vinyl, and in a sleeve designed by Pushead. They are all hand numbered. I believe that there are 550 copies in total. I just picked up number 105. As you can see, this is one beautiful looking record.

The funny thing is that I had never noticed before, but there are two different colour sleeve variations. The one I have is yellow, pink and silver. The other colour that I have seen more in the past is red and orange. I grabbed a picture from popsike so you can see:

I'm happy enough as I think the copy I have looks nicer, although part of me now wants one of the other ones too... even though it's taken me several years to finally track this one down.

Never satisfied.

2 comments:

xtinox said...

did the band named themselves after the comic character rorschach from alan moore's watchmen? in a way the cover art reminds me of the comic art. looks great!

Mike said...

Following up Remain Sedate, I remember the first time that I heard Protestant...I'd never heard anything so chaotic and harsh. So good.

I don't think I've ever seen this cover before. Wow. This looks so good. I'd love a copy....someday.