Tuesday 24 July 2012

Give Up

A few weeks ago I spotted a couple of Give 7"s on eBay that I wanted. Or rather, I spotted three Give 7"s I wanted. The last three 7"s (on Triple B, Painkiller & Youngblood Records) all came with limited tour sleeves featuring 'temporary' members of the band. I saw all three for sale and figured I would get them all at one time.

First up, the 'Petal Pushing' 7" on Painkiller Records with the 'Doug Free' cover. 115 were made for the React! Records showcase in September 2011 that I didn't go to.

And unfortunately, that's where the 'buy all three limited sleeves at one go' plan came to an end. I was outbid on the one on Triple B records, and then I won the one on Youngblood records. Or rather, I thought I did. But then when it sold for only $10 I started to think maybe something wasn't right. Seems that I misread the description of the record. It said something about record release version. It did, however, not say record release sleeve. And given that I didn't previously own a copy of the Youngblood Records 7" at all, I didn't know that this was not one of the limited sleeves. So I won it and then realised it was just a regular copy of the record on clear vinyl. I don't think there's anything special about this one at all. Whoops! Still, I can't complain too much as I didn't previously own a single copy of this 7" at all.

I'm sure that Mike will be glad to hear that I didn't get two out of three after all. I imagine he's laughing at his screen as he reads this.

1 comment:

Mike said...

You don't have the Youngblood 7 inch yet? ha ha ha hah ah ah hahah ah ahaha ha hah