Monday 9 July 2012

Bacteria Sour Volume 2

It's funny, sometimes I can feel myself drawn towards certain bands or records over time. I think a lot of it has to do with art work, although sometimes it's completely inexplicable. Just a feeling that I want to get involved with something.

Over the last couple of months I have found myself taken with Pushead's releases. I have a small number of his releases in my collection from bands I like (Strain, Jawbox, Sunny Day Real Estate), but I've never felt the need to branch out and pick up other bands he has released. I guess because a lot of the bands he puts out are bands that musically I'm not so into. However, recently I felt myself wanting to own more of his releases, mainly for the packaging. If you own any of the records he has released then you know what I am talking about. If you don't, then here's a small introduction...

This record is a compilation, simply titled 'Bacteria Sour Volume 2' (although the words 'Volume Two' don't actually appear anywhere on the record cover at all). This one was released in 1997 on (surprisingly) the Bacteria Sour label, out of Japan.

The cover is great - a tri-fold affair with silver ink and a nice bright orange colour. The custard / mouthwash vinyl is kinda interesting too.

This record is the second press from 1998. The first press was a double 7" in 1997. This compilation features In My Eyes (US), Stompede (Japan), Devoid Of Faith (US), Cluster Bomb Unit (Germany), Roswell Project (US), Detestation (US), OAC (Japan).

Numbered on an extra colourful insert out of 207.

I guess I mainly picked this up for the In My Eyes song. Then again, maybe that was just an excuse. Who knows where this may take me next...

1 comment:

Mike said...

In My Eyes sure seems like the odd man out on this record! Looks amazing, but outside of the IME song, I don't think I could be bothered with any of these bands. Stompede? Really? ha ha ha.