Sunday 13 December 2009

Bane - 6:58 PM Boston 7"

Ok, so I haven't managed to maintain my 'one entry per day' objective exactly. But I am still on track to catch up with my backlog seeing as I haven't actually bought much recently. If I wasn't weeks behind then December would have been a pretty quiet month over here.

Today's entry is the US pressing of the Bane 7" that I posted about a few weeks ago HERE. Except, of course, this one has a different title. This one is called '6:58 PM Boston' even though it contains the same three songs. And just like the Euro version, there are three colours of this one.

First up, clear blue of which there are a mammoth 700 copies:

Next, clear red, of which there are also 700:

And finally black. There are 800 of these:

Here's an artsy shot of the three together:

Overall, I like this one a lot better than the Euro version, for the simple reason that this one is pressed on good quality US vinyl. However, this one suffers from the same annoying design fault that the other one suffers from - the labels. The whole point of this series of 7"s is that they are supposed to be based around photos taken at the same time in different cities. So the label has pretty much the same photo on every 7" - a picture of a phone showing the time and, I think, the date. Except, of course, it doesn't quite work, as you can see:

I guess that whoever designed the labels forgot to take account of the hole, so that something is missing. Oh well.

When I ordered this record, I also added a blue vinyl Foundation 7" to my order. Unfortunately though, the label messed up and sent me a black one.

Is it my imagination, or is it getting increasingly difficult to actually get what you order thee days?

2 comments:

Alternate 1995 said...

dude it's getting real bad. Labels don't even send the damn records anymore. They're floating preorder money like it's their own personal american express card. It's a joke.

oh nice post.

hows yr edge said...

Design by Pete Chilton. He did all of them. That's how they all have the same "flavor."

As for that EP, wasn't it originally released by a whole other label? Erika Mitch's label, Eight Fold Path.