Tuesday 8 December 2009

Avail Gold 7"

Somewhere around ten to twelve years ago I traded away my Avail 7"s. I have no memory of what exactly I traded them for. But I had the first one on gold vinyl. I always planned to get those 7"s back again. But I never actively pursued them. Then, this year, I picked up both as part of a big haul on a road trip (read the entry HERE). If you click the link, you will see that the copy of the first 7" I picked up was black vinyl in a sleeve with blue writing on the front.

Well, a few months later some dude was asking on the Livewire Board if anyone could help him finish his Avail collection. He was missing the first 7" that has the cover with the blue writing. So I got in touch and told him that I would happily trade mine for any other copy of the same record. A few weeks later he got back to me saying he had acquired a spare copy of the record. And coincidentally, the spare he had was on gold vinyl. So we did a straight trade.

Feels good to have another copy of a record that I traded away half a lifetime ago. I don't even care if the one I have just given up was a first press or the rarest version. I'm happier to have the gold vinyl one. It looks nicer. Don't you agree?

No comments: