Tuesday 30 September 2008

76% Uncertain Sealed LP

Wishingwell Records. They put out some classic LPs which, on the right colour vinyl, sell for big money. The obvious Wishingwell releases most people are familiar with are the Youth Of Today 'Break Down The Walls' LP, the Uniform Choice 'Screaming For Change' LP, and the Insted 'Bonds Of Friendship' LP. But a couple of Wishingwell releases are less well known. The 76% Uncertain LP, I would say, is one. 76% Uncertain were a band from CT who existed circa 1983-89. If you want to read about their history, you can read that HERE.
Their 3rd LP, 'Hunka Hunka Burnin' Log', was released by Wishingwell Records in 1989. I've owned a copy for a few years. It's a good record and I like it. But recently I got offered a colour vinyl pressing, which I received in the mail today. The coolest thing about it was that it arrived sealed, which is pretty amazing since this record was released in 1989.


Since I don't think it helps anyone to keep these things sealed, I opened it. I was pretty happy with the result:

For no reason whatsoever, here's a picture of the back cover:

In short, this band rules and you should check them out. They seem to have got with the times and put together a myspace page. More surprisingly, they seem to be back together and playing shows.

http://www.myspace.com/76percent

I recommend you listen to the song 'Coffee Achievers' if nothing else.

Finally, due to my good fortune, I now have a black vinyl copy of this album spare. If you want it, get in touch.

3 comments:

Sean said...

hey, my names sean. i read your blog all the time dude. great read.

enjoying it more and more every day.

mcs said...

Thanks man!

mel said...

the only record i don't have by them, sell me your black vinyl copy please mate.