Tuesday 16 September 2008

Self Destruct 2nd 7"

Self Destruct are a hardcore punk band from the UK. They cite their influences as Minor Threat, Negative Approach and Black Flag. Not long ago I wrote about their first 7" (you can read that HERE). And now a new 7" has just come out, called 'All My Friends Are Dead'.


This records is a split release between two UK labels - Rumour Control and Zandor. This looks and sounds like it could have come out in about 1982. So if you're into hardcore punk from that kinda era then you're going to be into this. This 7" sounds like a step away from the first 7". Generally the songs seem a bit slower to me. But in a good way. I'm most into the first song, which kinda reminds me of something you would hear on the early Santa Cruz skate videos, or maybe the first H-Street video. Good stuff. And the cover rules too.

Check out the band's myspace for a preview: http://www.myspace.com/selfdestructhc

No comments: