Monday 14 July 2008

PVC Covers Part 2

For the second time since I started this blog, I am writing about something that is not recods I have acquired. But this is a follow up to the first non-record related post, so I figure it's acceptable.

A few weeks ago I removed the PVC covers from some of my 7"s. You can see the detail of that HERE.

My tactic back then was to remove the PVC covers from all the 7"s that were also in poly bags. However, I left the PVC covers on the records which did not come in poly bags, i.e. 7"s in glued sleeves. But today I decided that I should also free those records from their PVC restraints. Here is the result:



The piles in the picture each contain 25 record covers. There are 21 piles... and thus 525 PVC covers from today's adventure.

A few weeks ago I removed 850 covers, which are currently stacked in my room. If I add today's work to that pile, I will have a total of 1,375 7" PVC covers to dispose of.

I probably paid an average of about £0.15 for these things over the years. That means that the original cost of this unwanted crap was about £206. Madness! Hopefully I can recover some of that via eBay at some point...

No comments: