Tuesday 15 July 2008

Youngblood Pre-order Arrives... Finally!

Youngblood Records. Seems like only a couple of years ago since I got the first Rancor 7" (their first release). Except it's actually eleven years. I know this because last year was their ten year anniversary. Mind blowing.
Anyway, Youngblood releases always get me stoked. First up, they're always good bands, and secondly, the vinyl is always good quality stuff. And the two newest releases are no exception to either of these rules.

Firstly, the POLICE & THIEVES 'Amor y Guerra' 7". I did Spanish at school 17 years ago, so I know this translates as 'Love and War'.




This is a really good 7". I instantly prefer this to their previous 7". The sound is way better, and also the songs are stronger. I don't know who this reminds me of. It's hardcore with melody. Vaguely Dag Nasty? I don't know. This is really good stuff though. Two thumbs up.


Next, a 7" by COPTIC TIMES, who I had never heard before. Of the two 7"s, this is my favourite. Again, I don't know what to say about this, but this is fast hardcore punk. It kinda reminds me of something from an old skate video. I'm getting an early Black Flag kinda vibe from this. Again, great record. Three thumbs up!




The cool thing was that I got sent the Youngblood Showcase 2008 pressings. Sean sent me these as an apology for holding on to my order for way too long. The reason he held my order was because he remembered that once (about 4 years ago) one of my orders got returned to him. So he decided to hold my order back to make sure he got the correct address. So really he ended up apologising for trying to do me a favour! Thanks Sean, very much appreciated.

Go check out Youngblood Records & buy these records:

http://www.youngblood-records.com/site/

No comments: