Monday 14 December 2009

Rot In Hell Box Set

A little over a year ago (probably circa August 2008) I pre-ordered a ROT IN HELL boxset direct from the band. It was set to be a pretty limited affair and was to contain 3 or 4 7"s and a T-shirt. It was supposed to come out on Halloween. Unfortunately, it didn't. In fact, it didn't even emerge in time for Halloween 2009. I was starting to think that this was going to be a contender for the longest wait for a record of all time.. and then it showed up! (The longest I have ever waited for a record after sending my money was two and a half years, and I hope this is never beaten).

This is instantly one of the best things I have ever seen. I believe this is known as the "Kvlt ov Kali" box set. But another way of looking at it is that this is a super limited version of the 'Hallways Of The Always' 12" that A389 Records released, since it contains all the same songs.

This shows how it looks "closed":

There was also a black envelope with it that unfortunately didn't fit inside:

It was stamped with some evil lamb/goat thing:

I think there are lyrics inside, but I haven't opened it so am not sure. Once the string is removed, the "box" falls open to reveal a giant poster type thing printed on brown paper:

The poster is numbered out of 35 copies (meaning there are only 35 box sets). There is also a patch and button/badge (depending on which country you are from):

Next, four 7"s, a CD and a print:

The 7"s are all on black vinyl and all come in nice black paper sleeves:

My favourite is the first 7". The regular version of this had a spray painted b-side (see HERE), but this special version has an etched (or rather, scratched) picture of a snake eating itself:

This print is probably my favourite thing in the whole package:

The CD is another nice touch. This contains the cover songs that were on the 'Hallways' record:

Oh, and there's also a shirt:

And finally, a pic of the entire contents all together:

Not a bad little package huh?

6 comments:

Dunceor said...

That is one nice box! Awesome!

Mike said...

Crazy looking box set.

Head2Wall said...

Can not wait to get mine.

Sean said...

everything these guys do is some cool, limited release. love it. wish i had the money to order this when it first came up.

xyosefx said...

Just got mine today!!!!!

I was beginning to think this was prely a myth, so stoked to finally have it in my hands! I may be the only one in the US with one, aside from Zach Holy Terror I'd wager :)

Anonymous said...

Getting ready to list my rot in hell box set 9 of 35 on eBay anyone interested before it goes up. Contact me at carnold929@comcast.net