Tuesday 8 April 2008

Rot In Hell

Pretty much the only current UK band that I am half-arsed about right now is ROT IN HELL. Heavily influenced by Integrity, who have been one of my favourite bands for about 15 years now, they've just had two 7"s come out. I just got both in the mail.

First, a split with Brain Dead:

I have another Brain Dead 7" and I like them. First time I saw them live, I asked the dude next to me what they were called, and I thought he said "GRIND EGG". I still think that would be a better name, but nevermind. Anyway, the 7" is good. The Rot In Hell songs win it for me hands down. They sound like Integrity circa 'Systems Overload'. The only thing wrong with this record is the picture of Ian Brown on the label. I never liked The Stone Roses or Ian Brown... although I did see him in London one day when I was specifically shopping for Stone Roses records to trade with a guy from IN MY EYES. But that's a different story...

Next, the "Sins Of Malice" 7", which is (I think) the demo plus an extra song. The packaging for this one is amazing. Someone's really put a lot of time into making these...

Front cover:

Back cover:

Record in dust sleeve:

Record b-side:

Numbered dust sleeve:

Check the band's myspace page:


http://www.myspace.com/mintlikeboardy

No comments: