Wednesday 29 January 2020

Fade Out

Next in the series of 'records I left in a box for two years and forgot about' is this copy of the Fade 'Demo' 7" in a special cover made for the band's final show.

I was about to say that I was really into this band a couple of years ago, but I just checked the blog and it's somehow over 4 years ago that I was mildly obsessed with this band. Wow. How on earth is it that long??? Time is absolutely flying by at a rate I just can't comprehend. Crazy.

Sadly, Fade broke up after putting out this demo and two 7"s, and despite me being utterly obsessed with them for a short period of time, I didn't get a chance to see them play live. And whilst this 7" is great, this particular version is slightly sad as it is dedicated to the younger brother of the singer, who was murdered in 2015.

Finally, fun fact - two of the members of Fade are now doing pretty well in another 90s tribute act that you may have heard of - Higher Power. Hopefully more on that band in the near future...

3 comments:

Nico said...

Did I send you this record?

mcs said...

Yes, you did. I think it was a little over 2 years ago!

Ralf said...

I still really like those 7“s. One of the bands I definitely got into because of reading your blog.