Sunday 20 October 2013

Peanut Butter & Jelly

Some releases just seem to get better with age, and the first No Warning LP is proof of that. I remember ordering it when it came out just because it was a new Bridge Nine release. I mean, I had the 7" at the time but wasn't blown away by it. It was just ok. But when this LP dropped, well, it was certainly a step up. The world really sat up and paid attention, I remember that much. And the legacy hasn't gone unnoticed either. This LP has remained highly sought after, and is one of the few releases from the 00s that consistently sells for big money.

And speaking of big money, after many years of searching, I have finally managed to get hold of one of the Peanut Butter & Jelly versions. The label ordered 'blood and shit' vinyl and this is how the pressing plant interpreted that request... so the label kept 50 copies and sent the rest back.

Clearly, one of the best hardcore LPs of the era and only 50 copies makes for one hard to find record. Plus if you can find one, finding one in the hands of someone who will let it go is not easy. If you don't believe me, try it for yourself!

The red (or 'jelly') colour does look dark, but if you hold it up to a light source it looks much prettier. In fact, I think this is a pretty good interpretation of 'blood'.

Also, after picking this up it made me dig my other copy out. I kept the note that the label sent. I thought I'd put the picture up purely for nostalgia's sake:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Peanut butter and jelly" definitely sound better for a record variation than "shit and blood"...

bubblegum casting said...

LOL