Monday 21 October 2013

Born To Expire

So when I bought the No Warning LP, I also picked up a couple of other LPs from the same dude. For some reason, it didn't feel right to blog about all of them in one post, even though I would have always done this in the past (I guess I'm becoming more like Mike with this). Anyway, here's the second LP of the batch of three, a great looking copy of the Leeway 'Born To Expire' LP. Like other records of this period, there were a lot of these made but it is real tough to find one in good condition. This one has a slight seam split and dinged corners, but it's good enough for me.

And again, like other records of the same era, there was no limited edition pressing. But this is as close as you can get - a promo copy with special white labels (the regular labels are black):

I've never owned a copy of this LP before. I don't really know why. I guess mainly because until a couple of years ago I had never listened to it thinking it was basically metal. I was wrong. This LP rules, and I'm a fool for missing out on it for so many years.

2 comments:

Hop said...

The next record (Desperate Measures) is even better

Mike said...

Wow. Everything in this post could have been written by me...except that I still don't own a copy of it. I first heard this record about 5 years ago, and it has been on my Want List ever since. I just haven't found the right copy yet...either they are beat to shit, or they have a cut corner...or the time just isn't right for me. Glad to see that you got a great copy.