Friday 28 February 2020

A Pink Crusade

It's been two and a half years since I picked up 3 copies of the first album from Mike's favourite band, Forced Order. I picked up the 2nd press record release copy, and third press copies on clear and orange vinyl. At some point probably a year or two before that, I had a friend in the States who picked up a couple of copies from the band on tour, but after realising he'd had them for over 3 years, it dawned on me that I was probably never actually going to get them. So when I spotted a first press pink vinyl copy appear for sale for cheap, I figured I should just grab it while I had the chance.

I've said this before, but I think pink vinyl is probably the nicest colour of vinyl that there is. There's something about pink that just seems so unsuitable for a hardcore record that it's somehow perfect.

Pink vinyl is the first press and the most limited colour made, being out of only 158 copies. And with 4 copies of this LP in my collection, you'd probably think that I'd be done with this record. But unfortunately there's also a yellow vinyl variant out there that I need to find. Yes, that's right, NEED.

1 comment:

Mike said...

That is a good looking color!