Thursday 24 October 2019

Tørsö

I have been pretty bad at this blog this year. Not as bad as last year, but I have been pretty ineffective at keeping up. I mean, I bought a couple of Tørsö records back in the first three months of the year, but somehow here I am only getting around to posting them in October.

I first heard of Tørsö because they signed to Revelation. Obviously, I am duty bound to check out any band that Rev signs. I listened online and was quite into it. I can't remember exactly when Rev released the new 7", but in advance of that I picked up the band's debut full length, 'Sono Pronta A Morire' (which translates as 'I'm Ready To Die'). It was released by an Italian label, and they still had some of the 200 copies that were pressed on flourescent yellow vinyl.

I think I picked this up in January. I even took the photos of it back then, but didn't post it because I thought I would wait until I had the 7" to post at the same time. Anyway, I didn't quite get into this LP, due mainly to the sound quality, as it just sounds a bit flat to me.

I'm not sure exactly when it was, but I think it was during March, that I picked up the 'Build And Break' 7" that Rev put out. Naturally I scooped both colours. According to Rev's pressing info, there were 300 on opaque (which is really clear) pink vinyl, and 880 on opaque green vinyl.

Again, I think I took photos of these 7"s months ago, but the reason I didn't make the post was because the photos came out badly. The colour was washed out, so I tried again with the same result. Then Summer happened and I had other records and those seemed easier and more interesting to deal with. I figured I would get to these records eventually, and I suppose I was right.

Around the time that I was planning to write this post, a few weeks back a second pressing of the 7" was announced, so I ordered one of those too. There are 770 copies on opaque yellow vinyl. Seems an apt colour for a Rev release.

I took a pic showing all three copies together, which if anything is interesting because it shows that the pink is definitely clear, not opaque.

This 7" is much stronger than the LP, and I would urge anyone who hasn't heard this band to check this record out. The song 'Grab A Shovel' is my favourite and well worth one minute and fifty nine seconds of your time.

I don't have much else to say. But I'm kinda puzzled as to how this year seems to have passed quicker than any other I can remember. Seems only a couple of weeks ago I was ordering the LP, yet somehow it was nine months ago. Crazy.

1 comment:

Ralf said...

Great 7”. One of my favorites this year.