Sunday 11 August 2019

Hard Stance

As I said in my last post, I am trying hard these days to avoid spending money on represses, reissues and discographies. Yet I manage to make exceptions to the rule all the time. So here is yet another example of me breaking my own rules...

A few months ago Indecision Records put up the Hard Stance 'Foundation' LP for order. No, the band hadn't reformed and recorded a new LP, but instead Indecision had compiled all of their output onto one handy discography LP. As discographies go, this one is pretty good - it has artwork that is the same as their 7" (rather than some new design that doesn't look right) and it includes a glossy booklet. There were three vinyl colours to choose from, so I picked the most limited (blue / 200). I didn't feel I needed more than one copy.

The LP contains 20 songs, which is quite a lot for a single LP. Fortunately none of the songs are too long. But check out the number of tracks on one side of the LP. Looks kinda cool if you ask me:

Inside, the booklet contains lyrics and a lot of photos.

And despite me saying that I didn't feel that I needed more than one copy of this one, I could not resist picking up a test press. Indeicison never used to sell their tests, but have done so with a couple of their newish releases. It does actually look pretty cool, coming in a black sleeve with a spray painted logo, and a spray painted catalogue number on the back.

Mine also features a nice corner ding for extra punk points.

So is this worth buying? Well, yes. I mean, it sounds good, it includes an unrecorded song (played live) and it looks good, and its nice to have all their output on one piece of wax. Although no doubt in a year or two I will probably regret buying it as I seem to do with pretty much all discographies.

No comments: