Saturday 10 August 2019

Fat Represses

Even though I have been trying to avoid represses, reissues and discographies for a while, I always seem to be able to find reasons to bend my own rules and buy more of the things. Today I present two more examples...

Firstly, a repress of the Good Riddance 'Symptoms Of A Levelling Spirit' LP from 2017. I kinda got the bug for picking up Good Riddance records after picking up another of their represses ('Ballads From The Revolution') last year. I think partly it's because I know that some Fat Wreck stuff is highly sought-after and hard to get, so when the chance comes along I figure best take it.

Apparently this red vinyl repress (which seems a far better colour choice than the original grey vinyl pressing) is limited to 327 copies. I didn't actually own a vinyl copy of this LP before this, and it was super cheap, so everything worked out pretty well.

I also couldn't help myself from picking up this yellow vinyl repress of the Sick Of It All 'Life On The Ropes' LP.

I'm not exactly sure what it was that made me want to spend money on this. I mean, this is far from my favourite Sick Of It All record. I guess the prospect of a Fat Wreck colour vinyl LP for $10 seemed too good to turn down.

No comments: