Saturday 28 January 2017

Ready To Receive You

At some point last year I saw that there was going to be a new Angel Du$t LP dropping. So I signed up for some notification from the new label that was going to be releasing it. A couple of weeks later, the notification came that the album was ready to order. So I clicked on the store and looked at the options... and then, for some reason decided to wait and order later. I guess sometimes I can't bear to part with money, and somehow feel that if I can defer it for a few days it somehow makes it better. But most of the time all that happens is that the most limited versions sell out and I feel like a fool. And such was the case with the 'Rock The Fuck On Forever' LP. The most limited pink vinyl copies (/200) went super fast, so I picked up a white copy (/500) instead.

I gotta say though, I'm happy with this white copy as it's clearly the colour that most matches the front cover. Although saying that, the blue one looks alright too.

When the first album came out a couple of years ago I was completely addicted to it. This one, however, I've not been into as much. I mean, I have played it a lot and yes, it's catchy. But it's just not hit me quite in the same way. I've probably listened to this 20 times since I first downloaded it last year when it came out. The last LP I probably played 20 times in the first week. I guess after the first one it just doesn't sound 'new' in quite the same way. So one copy of this one will do just fine.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel the same about waiting with ordering some records. Also about the comparison with their first I can also concur. It's only the first track 'Toxic boombox' that really does it for me...

Mike said...

Funnily enough, I like the new one more than the last.