Wednesday 4 March 2015

Front Porch Stories

Another band I have been listening to recently after not listening to them for a while is Avail. I posted up a picture of their 'Live At The Kings Head Inn' 10" for the 'january record a day' thing on instagram, and that was enough to get me playing their stuff for a few days afterwards. I then realised that I had never owned, or even heard, their final LP 'Front Porch Stories'. So I went out looking for one. It didn't take too long either.

This came out on Fat Wreck Chords in 2002. There were only 218 copies pressed on red vinyl, and despite never hearing it, it's been on my want list for a few years. I never wanted one bad enough to pay the required price. It sells for a bit as it's Fat Wreck color vinyl, and there are some kids who collect that stuff. But with this being the year of the wants list attack, I figured I would take one when I saw it.

I have to say, I have struggled to get into this one so far. It just hasn't really grabbed me yet. Having said that, I've only listened to it twice. Hopefully it will grow on me as much as the rest of the band's catalogue.

1 comment:

Mike said...

There is no such thing as a bad Avail album...and while 4 am Friday is technically a better album, I reach for Front Porch Stories more often these days, as I didn't play it to death like 4am.