Tuesday 7 October 2014

Pursuance

It's been something stupid like 7 years since the last Only Crime LP came out. I wonder if it's a coincidence that Aaron Dalbec is in the band, and there also hadn't been a new Bane LP since 2005 until this year? I guess there must be some magic in the air this year. Anyway, with two previous LPs on Fat Wreck Chords, Only Crime have returned with their third album, 'Pursuance', this time on Rise Records. I picked up both colours that went up for pre-order, being white and orange:

I've definitely enjoyed this album over the last couple of months. The band is headed by ex Good Riddance vocalist Russ Rankin, and in a similar vein, this band nicely sits in between hardcore and pop punk. It's good for when I need something a little less aggro. I'm not getting this as much as I did their first LP, but I prefer it to the second one. Not that this helps you I would imagine.

I think there are at least three other vinyl colours of this one. I've seen purple, clear and a white/blue mix. I don't think I can't be arsed to try to collect them all to be honest... although, having said that, I imagine a photo of all five would look pretty cool. Hmmmm...

1 comment:

Mike said...

Nice. I didn't know they had a new album out. I'll have to check it out.