Monday 27 October 2014

Blue Vinyl Sale?

So here we go again. Another batch of Rev represses on new colours that they haven't made before. Each time I do one of these posts, I wonder how much longer I can keep going at this game. I don't think I actually wanted to buy any of these, or took any joy from receiving them. It has reached a point where I sigh when I order them and I sigh when I receive them. I think the only reason I carry on is because of the illusion of 'completeness'. If I miss out then I won't have a 'complete' Rev color vinyl collection anymore. Plus, I vaguely remember that I almost didn't bother with the 2001 'final' presses when they came out, but with the gift of hindsight I'm glad that I did. That said, this is getting to the point of ridiculousness now. I guess I need to deal with this issue in the near future and decide what matters. There has to be a point where I decide that enough is enough, and I feel I am getting close to it. We shall see.

The main theme this time around seems to be blue vinyl. I can only assume that Rainbo Records (Rev's pressing plant) had large stocks of blue vinyl laying about and decided to offer their customers a discount, e.g. 'Order 2000 blue vinyl records, get 1000 blue vinyl records free' or something similar. How else do you explain someone choosing to press 'Ignaurus' or the Judge discography on blue?

As usual, these are presented in alphabetical order (7"s and then LPs):

The most interesting out of this batch is the Sense Field LP on red. The pressing info says that there were only 145 of these made, which is one of the lowest numbers made for any repress since this whole game began. Unless of course the pressing info has been updated incorrectly and it should be 415 instead of 145.

I think this batch brings me fully up to date with all the represses. I'm never really sure as there seems to be a new one every week, although I don't think there are any that I'm missing. No doubt that will change in the next few days...

2 comments:

Mike said...

...and just like that, a GB repress is available...way to jinx us all.

Anonymous said...

Glow in the dark vinyl for a Rev record? All records are broken now. I'm baffled. Must be a precaution to the coming energy insufficiency...