Wednesday 9 March 2011

Supertouch 'Lost My Pre-Order' 7"

I pre-ordered the new Supertouch 7" back on 5 December. I'm not 100% definite, but I'm reasonably sure that I placed an order on the first day on which it was possible to do so. Then I waited. And waited some more. And then I started to realise that everyone else had received theirs except me. Lins87 got his in early February, and Doug got his a few days later, at which point I proclaimed myself to be the only person in the world not to have theirs. After waiting a bit longer I finally got around to emailing the label a week or so ago to see if I could figure out what happened. Here's the response I got back:

... when i mailed the pre order packages out a few weeks back there was one package with no address when i got to the post office. i had 400 pre orders and no way really of knowing which one we forgot to put an address on. anyways i kept that one aside until yesterday when i got your email. i put YOUR address on the package and its going out today.

So there you go. I actually WAS the last person in the world to get their preorder. Ha!

Because I ordered early I was lucky enough to snag one of each colour - blue (out of a few), and green (out of a few more).

What's it like? Well, you probably know that already. After all, you got yours about two months ago, remember? But it's like most Supertouch stuff. Some people love it, others hate it. Like pretty much everything in the whole world. I guess the sound isn't surprising. But the thing I find weird is the cover. A chick swimming. What the hell has that got to do with anything? It doesn't appear to have anything to do with the title of the record to me. But maybe I'm missing the point. I probably shouldn't dwell on it too much though. I mean, let's be clear, I'm not complaining. One should never complain about seeing a great ass. Perhaps they're just trying to start a new trend - half naked girls on record covers. Or maybe they're just following Integrity's recent lead...

I saw Supertouch play over here in the UK in January right after eating a great pizza. I filmed a couple of songs on my iphone. I was lucky enough to capture the two songs that Chaka from BURN sang. It's interesting to see how these dudes look in 2011 if nothing else. Someone on Livewire thought that Chaka was wearing a cape, which I found very amusing. Check it out if you have a spare seen minutes and twenty nine seconds:

5 comments:

Pim said...

Always lurking this blog, figured I could reply to this one. As for the cover artwork. Here's an answer from Mark Ryan in a recent interview:

Q: What’s up with the cover photo of your new EP? Not that I have a problem with a nice girl under the shower, I just don’t get the idea behind it.

A: My friend Jammi York took the photo on the cover of the EP. I really liked the colors and I thought the image of someone swimming fit in well with the lyrics to Lost My Way and Just These Days. So we went with it.

From this interview: http://www.lionsandcheetahs2011.blogspot.com/

I've got some footage of the shows in Nurnberg and Lichtenstein up at http://www.somewillneverknow.org/. Essen will follow next week. And then an interview with Mark, when it's done :)

Mike said...

Record cover actually reminds me of one of the As Friends Rust records from a while back...if anyone remembers them...

mcs said...

Hey, thanks Pim. Great info!

jhulud said...

@Mike...you're thinking of 'A Young Trophy Band In The Parlance Of Our Times'...that's a decent AFR album...

mcs said...

Juan, I think you got confused. He's thinking of an old crap band from about 13 years ago.