Wednesday 23 September 2009

No Justice 7"

Today's focus is the band NO JUSTICE. An awesome band that I know next to nothing about. They had one record, which was released by Underestimated Records back in about 2000. It's a really great record as hardcore 7"s go.

As with a lot of records before about 2005, I only had one version, but about a year or so ago I picked up a second version pretty cheap. Then, a couple of weeks ago found some other versions for sale on eBay. I've watched these things go for reasonable amounts before, but this time I got lucky and picked them up for a pretty decent price. Stoked.

The red vinyl is, I think, the rarest version, being out of 100 copies:

I also bagged the clear vinyl, which is numbered out of 200 and has something to do with Consequence Fanzine. It has a Consequence stamp inside. Not sure why though. Did it come with a zine does anyone know?

I also grabbed this other version with a different sleeve. I think this is the mail order version. It's on black vinyl with blank labels and the sleeve is photocopied and has an Underestimated Records logo stamped/embossed on the back.

This also has a Chicago Fest 2000 three day pass inside. Could come in handy when they invent time machines!

Apart from the test press and stupidly limited versions out of 5, this collection is pretty much there now:

If you've never heard this band, you should check this video. Total insanity. Within 30 seconds the singer has dived into the crowd twice, thrown a mic stand and knocked over the drum kit. Amazing.

Also, I ripped this 7" to mp3 if anyone wants it. Here's the link:

No Justice 7"

And finally... just thought I would mention that I have a spare of the gold vinyl version. Get in touch if you are interested.

5 comments:

carlos said...

Marcus
I dig your website alot, just wondering if you had any recommendations for good record trading sites to join.
thanx
carlos

hop said...

There's also a great video somewhere of them playing in a park in San Francisco (?) - seem to have lost the link!

mcs said...

Hey Carlos,

I mainly buy rather than trade. But sites that I check and can recommend are:

Dead Format

Hows Your Edge?

Vinyl Collective

And, of course, the greatest record store in the world HERE

Now, if you could recommend somewhere good to pick up rare Police & Thieves 7"s, that would be really helpful.

Cheers!

Mike said...

Never heard this band before, but after seeing that video, I'm going to have to check them out. That was pretty sick.

Carlos said...

Marcus
we have a few of these limited Police & Thieves items:

Self Titled 7" "The People's Soldier" (Limited Covers to 300)

Amor y Guerra 7" 75 made for the Record Release Show, with the date 6/14/08, numbered out of 75, w/ "Aztec cover" and stamped inserts, black vinyl

We also might have a limited tape(50 total) we made of the 2005 demo cd-r

You can buy them on our myspace site www.myspace.com/policethieves or email me izzycarlos(at)gmail(dot)com
take care
carlos