Wednesday 4 February 2009

Striking Distance Test

There's nothing like getting something good in the mail to brighten up an otherwise crap day. Today is a perfect example. Here's what showed up:

Striking Distance 'March To Your Grave' LP Test Press. My first Youngblood Records test press. My fifth version of this LP. One of my favourite post 2000 hardcore records.

This band toured the UK circa 2003/4. I remember because the nearest show to me was Manchester, but I didn't have a car back then & couldn't be arsed to catch the train over on my own. Boy how I regret that now. I guess the lesson is that if you can't get to a show due to lack of transport, go anyway. Otherwise you'll live to regret it. Having said that though, I did see Set To Explode play in 2006 when they toured, and that was one of the best shows of all time. They even played my favourite Striking Distance song ('Fail Me, Fail You'), causing me to enter the crowd feet first and probably kick someone in the face. So it all turned out ok in the end.

I'm not exactly sure if I bought this or traded it. Kind of both. I can't be bothered to explain. But big thanks to Juan for helping me secure this. You rule dude!

3 comments:

jhulud said...

I'm glad I could help you out Marcus. Just the same as you helped me out w/ the test presses that should be showing up soon!

Anonymous said...

Love that record. I just recently completed my Striking Distance collection. I have every press and every variation of the record now including a test press of the 1st 7 inch with Dave Byrds blood wiped across it. I was S.D's roadie and I remember that Manchester show was a really good one. xcannanx played and I got to hang out with MArk Boardman and go to Old Trafford so all in all a great night. haha

breadman said...

dennis it was an honour for me too bro!!
marcus you missed a treat one o te best bands I have ever seen.
just stumbled across your blog.its cool man.