Sunday 8 February 2009

A389 Order

This is a lesson in impulsive purchasing. I went to the A389 Records website a couple of weeks ago to order a copy of the 2nd press of the latest Integrity 7", but decided that buying one 7" was not economical, so figured I should buy something else to make placing an order worthwhile. Here's what I ended up ordering:

Integrity 'Walpurgisnacht' 7" second press on clear:

Oak LP on blue (apparently only 100 on blue):

The overall look of this LP is great. Art both inside & outside of the gatefold sleeve makes this a record that you look at & just get drawn into. I can't explain it, but basically it just has something about it that makes it interesting, due entirely to the artwork. It's been a long time since I have bought a record on the strength of the artwork alone.

I also picked up a first press of the Pulling Teeth LP:

I'd never heard this band before, so figured I would check them out. I guess most people use myspace to check bands out these days, but that's no fun to me. I like the "whole package" of a record, i.e. i like checking the artwork & perusing the lyrics while I spin the disc.

Finally, a 7" by a band called Supreme Commander. I never heard (or heard of) this band before, but it was the last copy in the webstore of the limited sleeve, so I figured it worth picking up and checking out.

Including postage, this lot set me back $76.60. What's funny is that the 7" alone would have cost me $9.30, which means that I spent a further $67.30 to make ordering "worthwhile". Believe me, this probably sounds as stupid to you as it does to me. What a cretin.

2 comments:

jhulud said...

That Pulling Teeth records is awesome.

Mike said...

I did the exact same thing yesterday ordering from Six Feet Under Records. Funny how quickly things add up.