Tuesday 12 August 2008

Deathwish Order

Got an order from Deathwish today. I haven't ordered directly from them for a long time. The speed of their service blew me away. I placed my order online last Thursday evening, and my stuff came today, 5 days later. For an international order, that's pretty damn good.

The main point of the order was to pick up the Cold World LP before it sold out. I got two colors of this one, orange and grey, which match the cover art nicely:

I listened to this twice. I'm not sure I like it. But it's interesting, I'll give them that. Not a generic hardcore record by any means. The best thing about this record is that it marks the end of Deathwish using GZ vinyl, which makes me very happy indeed. Next a couple of 7"s... The Jake Bannon 7", and the XO Skeletons 7" (which was on sale):

I haven't had time to listen to either of these things yet. Where does my time go? Damn. The Jake Bannon 7" has some etching on the seond side of a skull. Not sure if I like this or not:

Finally, the new Have Heart LP. I figured that picking this up from Deathwish would save me having to deal with the thieving bastards that are Bridge 9 (yes, I am still bitter about the fact that I placed an order with them about 5 years ago and they didn't send me what I wanted, hence I will never order from them again)

[EDIT 04 JUNE 2009 - Chris Wrenn from Bridge Nine read this post, and got in touch to make things right. I now firmly believe that he is a stand up guy, and Bridge Nine runs an efficient service. I now believe in second chances. You can read the story HERE]

Even though I don't like them, I'm stoked that Bridge 9 also now seem to have stopped using GZ. All of a sudden it seems people are going back to US pressing plants. Good news!

No comments: