Tuesday 28 April 2015

Sacrificial

Because I've just received my first shipment of records since December, I'm still catching up with some releases from last year. Here's an example - the third album by Ancient VVisdom, 'Sacrificial', which was released by Magic Bullet Records towards the tail end of 2014. I downloaded the songs when it came out but the vinyl didn't come in time for my December shipment. So whilst this now feels like it's been out for a while, this is the first time I've seen the actual vinyl.

There were two or three colours to choose from. I picked the clear because I like clear better than red. No idea which is rarest or anything. Sometimes you gotta just do what feels good.

I'm really into this record. Their first LP was amazing, but the second was a little meh, so it's good to see them head back towards the territory of the first with this one. I've played this more than I did the second one, especially the song 'Worm Ridden Skull' which is extremely catchy. As I said in my 2014 end of year rundown, this would have made it into my 'best releases of the year' list, save for the fact that I didn't actually receive the record in 2014. Not that it matters really.

No comments: