Thursday 30 October 2014

Grey Pistachio Ice Cream

One of my many collections that I have been focusing on for the past couple of years is my Cave In collection. I've been a fan of the band since the very early days, and bought one or two colour copies of each release when they came out. But recently I have been going back and picking up any additional colours that I passed on originally.

Back when this 12" originally came out, I picked up a 'green tea frozen yogurt' copy. Somehow five years have passed since then, and I've finally managed to get my hands on one of the 'all natural vanilla pistachio ice cream' copies.

Five years ago I said that I wasn't sure if I liked this record. Today my feelings are still the same. It's funny how some things don't change.

I was a lot more stoked on this grey vinyl, second press copy of the 'Tides Of Tomorrow' 12". Well, it says grey on the shrinkwrap, but it looks a little more like a turquoise to me.

When I received this I started to worry that I'd actually made a mistake and bought a second copy of the green one that I already had. So I got the green one out to compare. Fortunately, the two copies are completely different. It was just my memory that was shot. But once I had the green and grey next to each other, I also pulled out the white one just for the sake of having my three colour copies together.

I kinda feel that I need to make a list of everything I don't have now and make an effort to finish this collection off. Although, having said that, I don't think I have ever finished any collection ever, so why change the habit of a lifetime?

No comments: