Thursday 10 April 2014

Bullshit

You may or may not be aware, but at some point in the next month or so Bane will release their final LP. After almost twenty years as a band, the time has finally come for them to hang up their boots, throw in the towel and whatever other clichés you can think of. So no doubt there will be some Bane posts on here in the near future. But for now there are still old releases that I am chasing.

Here are two records that were a lot harder to find than they should have been. These are second pressings of the 'Los Angeles 3:58 PM' 7". I can't find any pressing info on the shitty label's website, but according to discogs the second pressing consisted of 700 on clear vinyl and 300 on blue vinyl.

There is definitely something wrong with the pressing info. In theory, there are 1000 copies of these colours out there. I'm not sure exactly when they were pressed, but it was at least two years ago. Now, the reason that I don't believe that there can possibly be 1000 of these records is that I check eBay for Bane records EVERY DAY and these things never ever appear. They are also not on discogs. Well of course, eventually they did both pop up on eBay a couple of months ago, and both from the same seller, so I grabbed them. But it seems impossible to me that so many can exist yet so few could become available over such a long period. So I'm calling the pressing info bullshit. There's no way that there are 1000 of these things out there.

This 7" annoys me for another reason too. It's the only 7" in the series that for which I still need a test press. I did win one from the flakey label guy on ebay a couple of years ago, but it never came, and I stupidly left it too long to raise an eBay dispute. It's probably going to haunt me forever and be the only record I can't find a test for. Utter bullshit.

2 comments:

Nico said...

I like that color blue, I was a bit disappointed by the Note that I never came around checking out any more recent ouput. I did hear the trailer for the record and I liked it.

itallcomesdowntothis said...

Good job! You're definitely right about how absurdly difficult it is to find these two particular records. 2nd press out of 1000 and never showing up? Seems really weird. I tried to contact the label directly but never heard back. Fits in with your negative experience.

@Nico You should give it another spin sometime. There are some really good songs on The Note.