Thursday 12 June 2008

RZL DZL 'Strictly Saucers' LP

It's not often these days that I get excited about a new release. But I was excited about this one. I literally could not wait for it to arrive. After receiving it, it's even better than I expected.

First up, I have to say, this is the coolest idea of all time - a record packaged like a pizza. The cover looks like a pizza box, and the record looks like a pizza. I can't believe that nobody has thought of this before. Genius!


Cover:


Record (A side):


Record (B side):


Inside the gatefold sleeve:


Back Cover:


This band is so good. I don't really understand if they're a "hardcore" band or not, but to be honest it doesn't matter & I don't care. They're just rad. A mix of hardcore and 'Licensed to Ill' era Beastie Boys, they're definitely having fun, which seems pretty fresh these days.


At first I didn't understand the title of the record. But after listening to the song 'Strictly Saucers' it all makes sense. Lyrics include:

Pizzas!
Pancakes!
Foods that are round.
Bagels!
Cookies!
It's how we get down.
When we meal, we keep it real.
I eat STRICTLY SAUCERS 'cause it's how I feel.


The whole thing clocks in at just under 18 minutes. I have listened to it all the way through about 6 times today. In my opinion, the best album I have heard in a long time. Get into it.

7 comments:

Handsome Pete said...

Good dudes.

Great band.

Ill video.

xtwentysevenx said...

I hope you say some good things about the Reality 7" when you get it.....unfortunately won't be on colour though.
Sarin (my band i let you hear)should be recording something soon to....

Billy27

SueEllen said...

hello!

What you are saying is totaly wrong

http://www.hellacopters.com/site/themusic.asp

Aaron said...

RZL DZL wern't the first band to do this.
HORSE the band did this with their Pizza 7" and it came in a pizza box too.
http://www.asssnake.com/lif/pizza/inside.jpg
Also there was one other band.. but I can't think who it was at the moment.

Anonymous said...

Such a good album.
Strictly Saucer is amazing.
I like Bike 2000, and Lost in Space part 2.
My sister isnt into taht kind of music she likes the remix of "ignorance is a bliss"

good album i could listen to it a few times daily.

Anonymous said...

yo check the new music video: http://www.vimeo.com/2414207

Anonymous said...

better like demonstrating the hellacopters did it awhile ago.

http://www.hellacopters.com/site/disco.asp?action=imintheband12