Tuesday 23 July 2019

Crucial Times

Another day, another big item scratched from the wants list.

Youth Of Today 'Can't Close My Eyes E.P.' on orange vinyl. 100 were made, and I've had this on my want list for quite a few years.

Until I picked this up, I've only ever owned one copy of the 'Can't Close My Eyes' in 7" format. You can see it in the background photo of this blog. A plain old black vinyl second press copy. I've never been overly excited about trying to grab a first press copy, or a Some Records copy. Mainly because they are pretty expensive and are, ultimately, black vinyl records... which I have always found pretty boring, and for which I have always been less motivated to pay big money (excluding test pressings, of course). But I did always want this orange vinyl pressing of the record, for obvious reasons, and it's especially cool to pick one up that is in mint condition.

Here's what the Rev discography says about this, in case you're unfamiliar with it:

4th press: 100 orange vinyl
The final press of the 7" originally done by Positive Force records. These were made by Jordan and Ray to trade for toys. The only press of the 7" on colored vinyl and contains a small Batman insignia on front sleeve, B-side label, and inner record sleeve.

Aside from the four (count 'em!) batman stamps on this thing, I also love how the label on this one got changed to blue ink, rather than black. Somehow the blue label really compliments the orange vinyl.

And of course, now that I have this, I have even more of a yearning to go after a first press and Some Records versions, although I can't see that these will ever really be a priority. But hey, we shall see...

1 comment:

Ralf said...

Such a great looking record. I don‘t see myself ever owning one of these, but I‘m sure down to look at pictures of them.