Wednesday 23 January 2019

Desperate Times

First post of the year to cover the first (and only) record of the year so far. That's just how life is right now. Desperate times. And we know what desperate times call for...

'Desperate Measures' is the second album by Leeway. It was released in 1991 on Profile Records. Back then I had no idea who Leeway were. I was listening to Snuff, Dinosaur Jr and Mudhoney. It would take me many more years to even give Leeway a chance. I decided at some stage in the 90s that they were not for me. I think this was based on my perception that they were some tough guy crap. I finally got around to giving them a chance in about 2011 or 2012, and I've been casually looking for this record ever since.

Well, I got lucky. This appeared on eBay UK and I won it for less than the lowest ever sale price that is listed on discogs. And it's in great shape too. I like to think that the 2015 reissue helped reduce the demand (and price) for this one. Either way, this was a all round good score for sure.

I think one of the reasons I haven't picked up one of these in the past was that I wanted a US pressing, and every copy that would come up for sale was a UK pressing. But it would appear that, if discogs is correct (which it isn't always) then a US pressing does not exist. According to discogs, the only vinyl pressing was made here in the UK. So I don't feel too bad 'settling' for a UK pressing after all. Let me know if you know differently though and actually have a US made copy so I can put this back on the wants list.

1 comment:

geoff said...

this is one of those records you never see for sale in the wild. at least i don't. its on profile, there should be a ton pressed and should pop up in the used bins, but it just doesn't.