Monday 18 March 2013

More Cave In Tests

So here's the next installment of my deal to acquire some Cave In tests. Last time I mentioned about how I connected with a dude who was selling some Cave In tests on eBay and then found out that he had more. Well, here's the contents of the second parcel which contained two more tests, one older and one newer.

The first is a for the 'Lift Off / Lost In The Air' 7". I bought my first copy of this from the band when they toured 'Jupiter'. It was on black vinyl and I remember that it was quite some time later that the colour vinyl copies became available. Kind of a weird 7" as both songs later appeared on the 'Antenna' LP. I hate 7"s where all songs later feature on an LP. Cheapens the format in my opinion. Anyhow, this test comes in a standard sleeve with a Cave In sticker on the poly bag, which is then numbered using a marker pen. My copy is number 13/30.

The second test is for the last LP, 'White Silence'. This one is a lot less visually interesting, coming in a plain white disco sleeve... although this is one clear step up from a white paper sleeve.

This also has a sticker in the top corner where it is numbered 11/30.

I still have one more Cave In test coming in the mail from a different source. After that the well will have run dry, so to speak. Given that I'm still missing some crucial records, I think I need to tap a new well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lift Off wasn't actually on Antenna.

Did you happen to pick up the Inflatable Dream / Mr. Co-dexterity 7" test press that was never actually produced? I saw one for sale a few months ago.

mcs said...

No. I saw it for sale but didn't buy it, and literally ten minutes later someone else did. I think it was up for quite a lot though.