Monday 14 February 2011

Bladecrasher 7"

Sometimes I wonder how many people there are out there like me. Well, not LIKE me exactly. Clearly, there's nobody else like me. But I mean in the sense of people who are as old as me and who have been into music and collecting records enthusiastically for as long as I have. Most people seem to grow out of it, else they have started collecting records relatively late.

Specifically, as I come to write this, I have to wonder how many people have been following Youngblood Records for as long as me. Believe it or not, I have been buying this label's output since their first 7", which (in case you're not as old, or as much of a nerd, as me) was the Rancor 7". I got that when it came out back in like '97 or whenever it was. And I've picked up every release the label put out since. However, in my defence I can say that I wasn't a crazy Youngblood collector until about 4 years ago. Prior to that I used to only really pick up one version of every release. But then something changed and then I started going back & trying to get all the other many variations of the things I already had. I now have 90* separate pieces of Youngblood vinyl. That breaks down as 61 7"s and 29 LPs. Not bad (or should that be not good?) considering the label has only released 31 records in it's lifetime.

*93 if you include the 12" that was a split release with React! and the 7" that was a split release with Malfunction.

Anyway, the latest addition to my Youngblood collection was acquired a couple of weeks back in a trade with Lins87. It's a variation Youngblood's second release - the '700 Club' 7" by Bladecrasher. This particular copy is on blue vinyl and has a black & white sleeve. It's stamped and numbered out of 100:

I hadn't listened to this one in quite some time, but it's pretty much exactly as I remember it. Has it aged well? I think so. I guess hardcore like this never really goes out of fashion. Anyway, I also ripped the songs to mp3 if you are interested. Here ya go... although please note that this isn't quite to my usual mp3 ripping standards - the volume levels seem quite low:

Bladecrasher 7" mp3s

As I listen to this in 2011, it strikes me that Bladecrasher are another band that I never knew anything about. I guess that's how it was pre modern internet. I couldn't even find anything about them on the modern internet. Anyone with info on this band, specifically what the dudes went on to do next, please comment. Thanks!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Timmy went on to sing in No Justice.

-cja said...

never cared for Bladecrasher but No Justice were real good. Their live show was rather crazy too.

Daniel said...

Yeah, they were from Virginia Beach, Virginia, where I'm from so I saw them a lot. They have a demo before this 7" that I like a bit better.

Dobek Ohashi said...

> Sometimes I wonder how many people there are out there like me.

You DO NOT actually go about your day wondering about shite like that now do you?
haha

mel said...

Believe it or not, there are plenty more people like you. I've been buying punk and h/c records since 1984 and still enjoy it.

It_Follows said...

A damn fine record that I actually just finally was able to put my hands on a copy of. Id had the demo for about 10 years, but each time I made a move for the 7inch, something always happened. It doesnt quite measure up to the demo, mostly to the thin production, but still a record i love.

I know someone already mentioned that Timmy went on to No Justice, thats the only one I know about as well. Im sure someone like you probably has that great 7inch, but if not, feel free to pop on over to the blog and grab it, I posted it some time back. Keep up the great blog.