Monday 24 January 2011

Integrity Glow In The Dark Halloween records

Most of you probably either know about these records already. And if you don't then you're probably not interested. So I'm gonna keep this short...

In the run up to Halloween (which is a day I couldn't give a flying f*ck about), Organized Crime Records put up a pre-order for a special Integrity Halloween package. The contents were a secret. The idea was that if you liked Integrity then you just hand over some money to the label and you should theoretically receive something that you will like. Well, I thought about it for a few days, then paid the money... and then received an email telling me that the special package was all sold out. I then got a refund.

A couple of weeks later dudes started posting pictures of what they received and I was pretty gutted. The package contained some glow in the dark Integrity records. Damn it. There were only about 70 or 75 made, so I figured that I would have no intention but to turn to ebay at some point. But then, out of the blue, I got an email from a nice chap who I had met once before in real (non internet) life, telling me that he had got he package but wasn't actually too fussed about it, and telling me I could have it if I wanted. We tried to arrange a trade, but unfortunately I couldn't help him with anything he wanted, so in the end he just sold me the records for the same price he paid. Very generous indeed.

So here it is - the Integrity Halloween 2010 package. A mailer, t-shirt and two glow int he dark records:

And yes, they really do glow in the dark. It's not easy to get photos seeing as when you turn the lights off, the camera can't pick anything up. But after playing about I finally got a result. Here's the before, with the lights on:

And here's the after, with the lights off:

Cool huh?

20 comments:

jhulud said...

The shirt glows in the dark too.

Anonymous said...

These look really slick but all these repressings just come off as a total cash grab. Is Integrity trying to become the new Isis? I am sure Those Who Fear Tomorrow will be in it's fourth pressing in a year or two.

Anonymous said...

I thought the Halloween package was a bit of a let down and misleading. It was billed as "The items in this set are limited to this package deal only and have not been available before. Once they sell out they will not be available again". So what turns up Those Who Fear and In Contrast, great, a colour variation, woo, hardly something that wasn't available before! And as for the shirt, probably the worst Integrity shirt I've ever seen.
My brother made good on this as it was donated to him.

Anonymous said...

Yeah I concur with the comments. Merchandising galore !

mcs said...

You guys who aren't impressed with these records seem to have missed one small fact...

THESE RECORDS GLOW IN THE FUCKING DARK?

Seriously, how is that not cool?

Anonymous said...

About as cool as a day old dog turd...

mcs said...

Perhaps you still didn't notice the picture? They glow in the dark dude! They really do.

Anonymous said...

Yeah I saw that picture, though not really impressed. They stir it up too much! Cash grab, misleading, limited? and then repressed again, again and again. Valid points.

mcs said...

Valid points indeed... all of which are outweighed by the fact that these things GLOW IN THE DARK!!!

Don't say you wouldn't pee yourself with excitement if they repressed the first Congress LP on glow in the dark vinyl, Willem!

Anonymous said...

Peeing myself wouldn't be an option though I'd like the repressing of the Blackened Persistence yes.

Anonymous said...

in case you didnt notice, these records are not released by the band themselves. They are released by the record label Organized Crime records. I'm fairly certain that the band didnt get rich and retire in luxury off their divided royalties for 70 vinyls sold!

Piesay said...

damn, i missed this one. but very well noted on the reprint and re-released stuff. buy it if you want, people never force down ur throat tho

Anonymous said...

I dig the glow-in-the-dark vinyl but it's nothing new really as AFI's first 7" came on it as well. I think the rash of Integrity re-pressings is probably for Dwid to try and get royalties/money/whatever that he was never given while signed to Victory. Still, it all wreaks of 'cash grab' and I liken it to ISIS (and the labels who've released their material) who've repressed their LP's a million times over knowing their 'fans' will stop short of nothing trying to obtain any and every version they pump out. Same applies to Boris fans. To each their own, but it's just silly. I will say that, if I were wanting to obtain either of these Integrity re-presses, I'd try and go for the glow-in-the-dark versions as it truly is something rather unique. It's not every day that you come across glow-in-the-dark vinyl.

Mike said...

Worth reading for Marcus' comments defending glow in the dark vinyl. Hilarious.

Mike said...

Is there really such a thing as a "cash grab" in hardcore? How much money does a label really pull in on these repressings? Buy it, or don't buy it. Who cares?

jhulud said...

I always find it amusing when certain record collectors get all self-righteous and denounce variants and the inherent silliness of collecting them. Why so serious? It's not your money that is being spent...if you don't like or disagree with collecting and/or bands/labels doing variants left and right, then don't buy them. But I forget...this is the internet...where everyone bitches and moans about something or other.

But...fuck all of y'all...these glow in the fuckin' dark and that is indeed cool as all hell!!!

Anonymous said...

I myself glow in the dark too

HUANSOAHN said...

it must be magic.glowing plates made out of light plasticy stuff?youm ust be a witch.

Anonymous said...

Interesting to note how much greener your vinyl is than mine!
Mine have a lot black streaks in them.

Dobek Ohashi said...

I used to have the A18 LP that was on the "glow in the dark" vinyl
I should have kept it for that fact alone :)